Assessment of Coaching & Mentoring
European Individual Accreditation (EIA)
Help with Applying
How do you distinguish yourself as a coach/mentor within a crowded marketplace?
By demonstrating that you have been assessed against demanding quality standards. One way is to apply for the European Individual Assessment award. The European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC) website provides further information as to how to do this: click here (http://emccaccreditation.org/)
As an Assessor for the EMCC, Carole Davidson is an EIA qualified and accredited Senior Practitioner Coach & Mentor. As an experienced assessor, she has seen that applicants can waste time by failing to understand what evidence the assessor is looking for.
To help you understand the process she can act as your advisor, guiding you through the process on how to provide the appropriate evidence that is required.
European Quality Award (EQA) – Training Providers
Help with Applying
Are you a provider of coach/mentoring qualification programmes?
In a rapidly growing market, how do you distinguish yourself as a provider of quality programmes? One solution is to apply for the European Quality Award to demonstrate you have been assessed against robust quality standards. The EMCC website provides information as to how to do this click here. (http://emccaccreditation.org/)
As an experienced Assessor, Carole Davidson can act as your advisor to guide you through the process of providing the appropriate evidence required. Make an investment in the future of your programme by gaining a recognised quality award.
As an Assessor with the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) Carole Davidson Coaching is able to provide support to coaching and mentoring ILM qualification programmes being run throughout the public sector.
Our aim is to provide quality assessment to students as they develop their coaching skills by providing:-
- Assessment of student written assignments, giving feedback according to the agreed assessment criteria which enables progression and achievement.
- Provide Supervision and mentoring of individual students coaching practice, which can be via phone, Skype or face-to-face.
- Observation and feedback on student’s coaching skills on workshops
- Contribute to course administration as required, such as interviews and administration decisions, student support and consultation and quality assurance processes.
- Facilitate on course programmes as required